Facial Acupuncture Rejuvenation can treat fine lines and wrinkles, loss of elasticity and skin tone, lusterless skin, dry skin, acne, dark circles and swelling under the eyes, age spots and facial discolorations. Facial acupuncture can also help with sinus congestion, headaches, dizziness, toothaches, TMJ, stroke, bell’s palsy, or trigeminal neuralgia.
One course of treatment includes 10 sessions (2 per week for five weeks or one per week for ten weeks). Individuals that smoke or have excessive sagging skin can expect at least 2 treatments to see results. The potential of one course of treatment (10 sessions) can have lasting effects for 3-5 years. Lifestyle, diet and environment can influence these results.
Potential results after the first treatment include firmer and smoother skin, more radiant glowing skin, and brighter eyes. Dr. Hull is treating the whole person’s constitution in order to get to the root cause of the aging so other positive effects will occur overall.
Facial rejuvenation acupuncture is a safe and effective treatment. There is a risk of bruising at the site of the acupuncture needle. Topical arnica cream is used to minimize these effects but please be aware that bruising still might occur.The following are those that SHOULD NOT receive cosmetic facial acupuncture:
- • Hemophiliacs
- • High blood pressure over 175/105
- • Severe migraines (must be migraine free for at least 3 months)
- • Contagious skin conditions and open sores or lesions
- • Pregnant women
- • Cold/flu symptoms
- • Acute sinusitis/rhinitis
- • Uncontrolled diabetes
- • Those on blood thinners medications and supplements including but not limited to Coumadin, Plavix, Warfarin, or high doses of aspirin, gingko biloba, turmeric, vitamin E, or omega-3s.
- • Laser resurfacing, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, other recent cosmetic procedures
- • Botox or cosmetic fillers within last 6 months
Please inform Dr. Hull if you have any of the following conditions: Addison’s Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Cushing’s Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's, Herpes Simplex I or II, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, claustrophobia, panic attacks, trauma or shock.